Ask questions and post comments!
Boatcap1959
Region: Florida
Boat Year: 2007
Boat Mfg: Glacier Bay
Boat Model: 2640 SX Renegade

Electric head not working

Postby Boatcap1959 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:57 am

The electric head on my 2007 2640 SX Renegade stopped working yesterday. This is the first time since we bought the boat new that we have had any kind of issue with the toilet.

The head was working normally when we took the boat out a couple of days ago but of course the head was not working yesterday when we had a boat full of people crossing over to Bimini from Key Largo, FL. Not a good situation!

I looked for a fuse labeled "head" or "toilet" behind rhe helm, but could not find one. Any suggestions where the fuse and/or circuit breaker is located. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Thanks!

Val

Boatcap1959

Re: Electric head not working

Postby Boatcap1959 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:55 am

I just checked again and found a 20 amp fuse labeled "electric head" behind the helm. Not sure how I missed it the first time, but it was next to the macerator fuse.

The fuse was blown and I replaced it, but the head motor still is not running. I checked and the new fuse is not blown.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Boatcap1959

Re: Electric head not working

Postby Boatcap1959 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:46 pm

I was able to remove the switch and jump it. I could hear the motor clicking. I used a flat blade screwdriver and was able to turn the motor shaft to be sure the motor was not locked up. But the motor still would not start.

So unless I'm missing something, the motor is bad.

Does anyone know the make and model of that toilet?

Return to “General Discussion”